F2F INTERVIEW (face to face) is a quantitative method of sociological research in which the interviewer communicates directly with the respondent using a formalised questionnaire. It is one of the most popular methods of collecting sociological data.
Types of F2F INTERVIEW
Depending on the objectives of the study, we apply different types of F2F interviews
By technical implementation
PAPI – Paper Assisted Personal Interviews. Personal interviews using a paper questionnaire. Paper questionnaires are usually cheaper and in some cases, are easier to work with.
CAPI (TAPI) – Computer (Tablet) Assisted Personal Interviews. Personal interviews using a digital questionnaire on a computer or a tablet. It allows to solve more complex problems, to demonstrate audio, video, graphic materials. It eliminates the need for the manual data entry.
Apartment survey. The interview is held at the respondent's place of residence. From the point of view of the organisation, this method is complex, and allows us to recieve data in high quality and to conduct lengthy interviews (up to 40-50 minutes)Street survey. It is usually held in crowded places and allows us to quickly interview, a large number of respondents. Because, the interview is "on the go", it should not exceed 15-20 minutes.
NAFI specialists, have extensive experience in conducting research using personal formalised interviews, throughout the whole cycle of project implementation.
- Preparation of the technical task and formulation of goals and objectives of the study
- Development of the toolkit, in accordance with the objectives of the study:
- Preparation of the questionnaires for the survey;
- Support cards to the questionnaire, for visualising materials and focusing respondents on complex issues;
- Instructions for field managers, interviewers and respondents;
- Control questionnaires and control forms.
- Pilotage instrumentation, which results in recommendations for the completion of the questionnaire
- Field works
- All interviewers, before the launch of the project are given special instruction on the rules for conducting a personal formalised interview specifically within the framework of the research being carried out.
- The work of the interviewers is strictly in accordance with the specially developed instructions
- Each interviewer receives a Route Sheet, which indicates the polling points and fieldwork is carried out strictly at the points indicated in the survey.
- Compliance with international standards for conducting face2face interviews and professional ethics.
- The load per interviewer is no more than 25 questionnaires, which guarantees the high quality of the empirical information received.
- Quality control and data processing. The data input is carried out in an automated form, with the help of the specialised software product "NAFI DATA ENTRY", which allows us to maintain control at the stage of creating the database. The technology allows timely rejection of low-quality questionnaires, based on the control of the presence and completeness of answers, compliance with transitions, filters and trap questions, duplication of questionnaires, symmetry of answers to table questions and other
- Data processing and analysis is performed in the SPSS program and its modules. Methods of one-dimensional and multi-dimensional data analysis, data structure analysis (factor, cluster, correlation analysis) are applied.
Advantages of this method
- The ability for demonstration of visual materials, cards, samples of advertising and packaging;
- The ability to clarify and ask the respondent cross-cutting questions;
- The possibility of posing more complex questions in the toolbox than with remote methods of contacting the respondent;
- Increases the reachability of the target group when the interviewers are in personal contact with the respondent;
- The method allows us to conduct a longer interview;
- Possibility of fixing additional information in the research toolkit;